Bucks County’s number one child care resource!
The Bucks County Quality Child Care Coalition was established in 2002 through a grant from the state to focus on early care and education issues for children. Prior to this time, there only existed a fragmented system that lacked collaboration, standards, and support for low-income families. Since that time, QCCC has been instrumental in supporting the following:
- Voluntary NAEYC accreditation of programs
- Keystone STARS participation
- Standards for early learning
- Collaboration among child care providers, school districts and other partners
- More formalized professional development
- Subsidy funds for low-income families to meet child care expenses
- Advocacy for quality early care and education policies and funding
- Inclusion of ALL children in quality programs
- Family information & education
- Smooth transition into kindergarten
QCCC focuses on engaging families, child care programs, educators, school districts and other community partners to educate the public on the importance of quality in child care, early childhood education, and pre-K programs. Partnering with the Bucks County Intermediate Unit and United Way of Bucks County, QCCC is moving ahead, forging relationships with new partners and working with a strengthened network of child care programs to make quality early care and education a reality for ALL of Bucks County’s children.